I really really hate going to the grocery store. The larger the store, in general, the less expensive the groceries are. But do we have to give up common pleasantries in order to save a buck? I usually frequent a “Mega” store for my once a week grocery trips. I’m a thrifty girl. But I’ve about decided that saving a buck is not always worth the hassle.
Below are some of my pet peeves about the “Mega” stores.
- Only 2 checkers available in the whole store. I have a huge cart full of groceries and there are only 2 check stands open. These 2 check out stands also have people standing in them with huge carts filled with groceries. Well, unless you count the 20 items or less lane or the self-check out machines.
- Self-check out machines that Never work. I have YET to have my self-checkout experience at a grocery store go without a problem. Something Always goes wrong. Always. Then I have to stand there waiting forever until someone comes to clear the damned machine so you cam finish scanning your groceries.
- Crappy grocery carts. I had a boyfriend at one time that actually forbade me from choosing the grocery cart. I never get a good one! It’s the grocery Karma Gods. I swear. They hate me. I’m that person in the store that gets the cart with the God-awful squeaky wheel that the entire store can hear. Every stinkin’ time!
- The Person Behind You in Line Invading Your Personal Space. Ever have this happen? The cashier JUST tore my receipt off the machine and hands it to me. I’m trying to get it and my debit card back into my wallet where they belong, but the person behind me in line is in such a freakin’ hurry, they’re inching up behind me. The checker has already greeted them and is about to start scanning their items. I’m courteous enough to step ahead and stand at the end of the check out line so Gram Gram can get her Tabby his kibble home in a timely manner. Do I have time to look over my receipt before the checker is on to the next person? No. Would I have time to count my change if I had paid cash? No.
- Not being able to find help when you need it.
- Not being able to find an item that was on THIS isle just last week, but they moved it.
- Two people in the middle of the isle (usually women) having a gab fest, oblivious to the people trying to get by them.
Did I mention that I really really hate going to the grocery store?